Thanks for the pointer to words like task affinity. I have been searching on google with stuff like linux drivers force single cpu on smp and the like.

All assistance is good.
Thanks.

Michael Chesterton wrote:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Hi there does anyone know any tricks for telling or compiling a driver to use a single cpu on an smp kernel??

I don't know anything about it, but goole using words like linux task cpu affinity.

Of cause, you're asking for a specific solution to a problem, there might be better ways of fixing the problem (not that I
would know, but others might).

-- "Never ascribe to malice that which may adequately be explained by incompetence." - Napoleon Bonaparte