On Sat, Jan 24, 2004 at 08:12:52PM +1100, Shaun Oliver wrote:
> the reason I ask is because if for some reason accepting a power outage,
> you lose power to the modem for more than 12 hours,
> aparently optus need to come and reinitialise the modem again at a cost
> of aprox $160 or there abouts.

You're kidding, right?  If I move stuff around my house, and don't get
around to plugging the modem in again for a couple of days, Optus charges me
a small mint to get it going again?  Or if I kick the power pack out of the
ratsnest powerboard and don't notice I'm out a chunk of change?

Where did you find out about this?  Is it sitting somewhere on Optus'
website, or is it in the manual for the modem, or what?

Gee, I almost wish I had Optus cable now just so I could have a nice long
menage a trois between myself, the ACCC or Fair Trading, and Optus - with
the latter most definitely being the bitch.

- Matt