At Mon, 12 Jan 2004 00:45:19 +1100, Tom Massey wrote:
> I'm looking for a way to embed fonts in pdf documents so that I can
> be sure that they look exactly as intended wherever viewed.
>
> Using OOo 1.1 beta 2, or kword 1.1.1, I'm able to create pdf files,
> but the fonts aren't embedded, and although I've searched through all the
> menus I can't seem to find a way of doing it. Same for printing to a ps
> file and then using ps2pdf. Googling doesn't seem to give me any hints
> on this.
>
> Is there a way to embed fonts in a pdf file created on Linux?

ps2pdf can't embed a font it doesn't know about.  You could tell
ghostscript about your font (if you were using Debian, you'd register
your font with Defoma) -- but your best bet is to get OOo to do its
job in the first place :P   Unfortunately I have no experience with
OOo or kword, but I find it strange that its hard to embed fonts.
Which font in particular are you having trouble with?

Personally, I always produce pdfs with pdfTeX (through ConTeXt,
pdfLaTeX or pdfJadeTeX) and it embeds fonts quite nicely ;)

--
 - Gus