I'm using Maildir style folders with an IMAP server (bincimap), and I
wondering how I should setup the Maildirs so that on the mail client the
inbox emails appear at the top of the tree, rather than as a subfolder
of '/'. IMAP mail retrieval is working, but the users on my network
don't like the current setup. Server folder layout is:

~user/Maildir/
    INBOX/
        cur/
        new/
        tmp/
    folder1/
        cur/
        ..

On the client (running the 'other' operation system), this appears as:

/    ? error
    INBOX/
    folder1/
    folder2/
    ..

What I'd like is:

/ (inbox emails)
    folder1/
    folder2/
    ..

I've also tried this setup, with the same results:

~user/Maildir/
    cur -> INBOX/cur (link)
    new -> INBOX/new (link)
    tmp -> INBOX/tmp (link)
    INBOX/
        cur/
        new/
        tmp/
    folder1/
        cur/
        ..

Any ideas anyone? This is first step I'm taking in migrating a network
from the 'other' operating system, so at the moment I have to work with
it's mail client; next step will be Mozilla on the desktop ;-)

--
Sonia.