On Sat, 14 Feb 2004, Jan Schmidt wrote:

> <quote who="Simon Males">
> > I haven't being able to log onto stgeorge ibank today at all. I was able
> > to last night. I use j2re1.4.2_03, I could dump the java console error
> > if so requested.
>
> Jaime mentioned something about it being offline for maintenance this
> weekend, although it's silly that they don't have a page to say so.

Hmm -- I'm still having problems after the so-called maintenance on all my
Linux machines today (Monday - 11am).

I was doing an upgrade of Mozilla/Java on the main banking machine too,
which caused me great uncertainty when I couldn't use the banking on
Saturday, but then discovered on my own desktop (which I hadn't performed
any Java/Mozilla changes on), that banking wasn't working either.

I get an Applet IBANK notinited error with a lovely red cross, and then
Java applet failed, or some similar error message.

Is this what others are getting?  Would be nice to know it's not just me
:-)  Tried to speak to St George to find out the extent of changes over
the weekend, spoke to Julia (I believe) but as soon as I mentioned Linux
she pulled out the "We don't support Linux" drawcard, however, she was a
little helpful after that, saying that the changes were not major.  Some
features were added, but not to the front-end (apparently).

I even reverted the office PC to what I had working before (j2re1.4.1 +
Mozilla Firebird 0.7), but the same problem occurs :-(

..

On a side note, this morning we were having random issues with a Windows
2000 machine with their internet banking, whilst able to login, it
randomly got an "unable to contact bank server" error and logged out
again.

Seemed to be okay when I was on the phone to them though unfortunately.
But this seems to be a different problem to the Linux notinited problem.

Andypoo.