On Thu, Feb 19, 2004, David wrote:
> Ask the dude for his company/news organisation NAME (eg, News Limited,
> whatever) and look up there number in the phone book and ask for
> him/her by name. If he can't provide this simple detail, then he is a
> dud. I get lots of them.

He claims to be a freelancer.

In any case, I don't have the time to check the legitimacy of every
request that the SLUG ctte gets for comment. We're starting to get lots,
and most of them aren't "what's the SLUG [committee] take on $X?" they're
"can you find us people who can comment on $X?" (where $X is invariably
something the committee has no internal expertise on).

So I'm just passing them on. Understandable if people don't want to
respond. If anyone does want to volunteer to handle press requests for
SLUG though, including legitimacy checks, do let me know.

-Mary