<quote who="Conrad Parker">
> On Sun, Feb 22, 2004 at 01:35:28PM +1100, Robert Collins wrote:
> > On Sun, 2004-02-22 at 01:45, Jan Schmidt wrote:
> > > Hi Rob,
> > >=20
> > > There's a new speex file at http://masher.homeip.net/~jan/down/robc-
> > > arch.spx that you can fetch.
> >
> > Cool. So how do I get an ogg file from that? The ogg file you did before
> > was ok in quality - but too short ;).
>
> an ogg vorbis file may be about 10x the size of a speex file, so you may
> prefer to simply use the speex file directly. Also re-encoding from speex
> to [anything] ogg vorbis will produce terrible quality.

I ended up producing a new ogg/vorbis file from the original wav, at quite a
low bitrate, which still produced acceptable quality because the original
is a voice only recording.

> (or use sweep to do these with a gui :)

... as soon as sweep supports loading a 70 minute file without consuming all
of swap :)

J.
--
Jan Schmidt                                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I came for the quality. I stayed for the freedom. -- Sean Neakums