Hi All,
I have started experiencing a problem last night, where one of my Debian
Woody machines spontaneously rebooted.
But the real problem is it kept rebooting on bootup, it would get to
detecting the hdd's, and I think then try init, but reboot.
This was on kernel 2.4.20.
I then booted into the 2.4.18-bf24 kernel, and that worked OK.
I re-built kernel 2.4.20, installed it, but with no luck, it still kept
rebooting.
I then downloaded kernel 2.4.24, and that has the same problems!

Then this morning, the machine, on kernel 2.4.18 rebooted again, however,
it came back up fine on that kernel.

Would anyone have any thoughts as to
1: why it keeps rebooting when booting up in any kernel but bf24
2: why it would be spontaneously rebooting, would it most likely be
hardware? perhaps the power supply?

Thanks,

Scott

--