* Ron Daniel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> We have dipped our toes in this water and can report the following :
> Application : Remote access to windows dependant applications for 12
> users across IP Wan.

Thanks heaps guys for all your replies - I've now got a bit of research
to do ;-)

Out of interest, I've already started my email migration - went from
each user running their own version of Outhouse/Outhouse Express
(nightmare) to Mozilla Thunderbird + IMAP thru to BincIMAP/ Qmail/
getmail - works a treat. They're still on Windows, but small budget so
one step at a time; only issues I've had are with weird mail send dates
on one very old machine - I'm thinking non Y2K BIOS.

Anyway, I was poking around on http://www.digitalhermit.com/linux/
today, came across a link to an article on http://www.flux.org/ called
'Exchange Killer Slides' about providing equivalent functionality using
GPL s/w - some very interesting ideas.  Check it out.

--
Sonia            |   Los principios elementales que animan
.                |   al Proyecto se vinculan a las garantías