I am writing up a course on scripting and perl and I would like to
produce a series of quick tests to validate the students knowledge.
These tests will end up in the TAFE LPIC notes.

I want some ideas to test knowledge with a 10 minutes quiz for
beginners.  One example I thought of was "take a file and give a list of
elements removing all repeats, ignoring case".  This is testable using a
script written to test the output.

I thought there might be some other suggestions.  If you suggest
something I assume that you are handing the copyright to the LPIC notes
project which is some form of open content license.

Suggestions for tests only,  no implementations or solutions.

--
Thanks
KenF