Try escaping out the spaces.

So for example 'pass word here' would become pass\ word\ here

M.da Cruz wrote:
Hi All,

I have recently switched to Linux and now have it running on my Targa
Traveller laptop including the winmodem :-)

I bought the Openskills/SLUG Debian CD, also tried Fedora on loan, but ended up installing knoppix. If this stuff is of interest I could share my experiences in a talk.

My current challenge is to successfully conect to my webhosting service
using lftp. It's an Apache server with one time passwords. These
are a set of ten words with spaces... The debug 4 to turn on error messages was a step forward and I have tried replacing the spaces between the words with %20 - but still get an incorrect login message. Any suggestions gratefully accepted.

Marghanita