Ah, paranoia...

For a while I've been pointing out to people that the shit will hit the
fan when we begin deploying autonomous devices.  When cars drive
themselves, for instance...

We can't write 100% reliable software for anything complex enough to
want to bother to automate it.  When the device has the capability to
maim or kill us...

And how soon will it be hacked?  Terrorists reprogramming cars?  Rival
gangs?  Script kiddies?

If I can do it, someone else can do it too.  In fact, I like the idea
you propose below:

We should begin counter engineering now to keep things under control,
ie,
> world terrorism.

I think demonstrating the ability to misuse it is the best and only way
to slow the introduction of such capabilities.  Fear of death usually
trumps greed.

Cheers,
Bret