On Wed, 2004-03-17 at 16:08, Phill O'Flynn (Bigpond) wrote:
> I am just about to install Mandrake 10.0. Has anyone already done
> this? If so what do you think of it? Is it much of an improvement on
> 9.2? Any problems found?

I've upgraded my laptop and my parent's computer to it. I was running
cooker on my laptop and my parent's machine was a straight 9.2 box. In
both cases I did the upgrade with urpmi. My laptop (the cooker machine)
had an "issue" where one of my pam files was clobbered. My parent's box
seemed to upgrade without any issues.

It's not much different from 9.2. It's got a 2.6 kernel, which is a bit
zippier on multi-threaded stuff. It's probably got newer KDE but I don't
use that so I don't know. GNOME is still 2.4. The menus are a lot
tidier. Mandrake control center is... more different.

If it weren't for the new kernel it would almost certainly have been
9.3.

HTH,

James.