Hi,

I'm trying to get a DOS app that requires a parallel port dongle to work with Debian
unstable, and am hoping someone on the list has some experience with this.  It's an
in-house app that has very little documentation to speak of, so I'm in the dark
somewhat on that side of things.

The app wil run, so there's no problem with dosemu/freedos per se (and I've got it
running old games at home with no problem), but it doesn't work.  It's supposed to
talk to other machines via the serial port which I have configured in dosemu.conf like
so:

$_com1 = "/dev/ttyS0"

but the application just can't see them, I'm presuming because it's not recognising
the dongle on the parallel port, which I have configured thus:

$_ports = "device /dev/lp0 fast range 0x378 0x37a"
$_irqpassing = "7"

Some old, old usenet postings say you should disable the lp kernel module, which I had
assumed the "device" bit above now obviates, but I tried it anyway to no avail.  I am
using Linux 2.4.25.

Would be grateful for any ideas, I am a master at overlooking the obvious.

Matthew.