Mary Gardiner wrote:
On Mon, Mar 01, 2004, Craige McWhirter wrote:

Peter Hardy

The vice has never been so good.

Heh, thanks Craige and Ben. I accept. Seeing as there's only one nomination for president, I'd also like to put myself forward for this. If nothing else, Jan should work a little for his stripes. :-)

Pete, if you want to make a spiel, reply to this.

Well, it's probably a bit late for a big speech, but still.

If elected, this will be my third year on the SLUG committee. A big part of my work for SLUG has been the ongoing maintenance of the website and mailing lists. More recently, this has extended to care and feeding of the SLUG server, with more than a little help from Chris Deigan. Naturally, I'm happy to continue with these fairly important roles.

I've been putting more focus recently on expanding SLUG, through increasing local community awareness of Linux in general, and SLUG in particular. I've played a large role in organising recent installfests, and aim to continue the theme of small, regular install days. This year, I plan to bolster these through increased cooperation with Computerbank, Linux showcase events to draw in the general public, and followup "configfest" workshops, showing new users how to get better use from their Linux systems. Finally, by revamping the ailing sluglets, I'm hoping to broaden SLUG's appeal to the masses, without alienating the rest of what is a geeky organisation at heart.

Will that do?

--
Pete