On Sun, Mar 28, 2004 at 03:09:57PM +1000, Adam W wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Anyone seen this problem before. Cant seem to find an answer on google
> on how to fix.
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] adamw]$ su
> Password:
> Your account has expired; please contact your system administrator
> su: incorrect password
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] adamw]$ chage -l adamw
[snip]
> Last Change:            Mar 28, 2004
> Password Expires:       May 27, 2004
> Password Inactive:      Never
> Account Expires:        Jan 01, 2010
>
> The account hasn't expired as you can see above. And I am entering the
> correct root password.
>
> Any clues?

While the password on the account 'adamw' may not have expired, it appears
that the password on the account 'root' has expired.

Fixing this would probably involve booting in single user mode or some
such fun.

Password expiry on root account bad, unless you're certain to change it
before expiry occurs.

-- Jon Teh