Hey everyone,

I'm stuck at a crossroads right now. My main Athlon 1.2 Ghz workstation
with a Promise UDMA5/100 controller is probably on its last legs before
retirement (its given me 3 years of loyal service -- looking to squeeze
out 2 more). Seeing as it needs a new harddrive anyway, I'm really
wondering whether paying an extra $20-$25 per harddrive and an another
$70 for a Silicon Image Serial ATA Controller [1] is worth it. LKML
posts also seem to give the general impression that overall SATA driver
support under Linux is still preliminary.

Cheers,
Andrew "Netsnipe" Lau

[1] http://www.everythinglinux.com.au/item/elsPCI-SATA-EX

        Andrew "Netsnipe" Lau   <http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~alau/>
 Debian GNU/Linux Maintainer & UNSW Computing Students' Society President
                                     -
                  "Nobody expects the Debian Inquisition!
     Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency!"