Hi, I am new to Debian, I have been using RH and Mandrake for the past 4 years!!!  Just last week I got the 7 CDs of Debian 3.0R2 from UNSW, and installed fine in my P3-800.  However the XFree86 doesn't seems to want to work with my configuration, I have select NV for my Nvidia GeForce 2MX 32-MB Video Card, and enter my own H and V Frequency of my Viewsonic E70-3 17 inch monitor.

The error message out of Xfree86 is "Can't find the monitor", however just few line before it says moniter information is there, I have switch back to Mandrake 10 after trying everything for a week, as I really need linux for embedded system study.  The other thing I notice is there seems to be no monitor information database in /var/X11/
there is no sub directory of "monitor" as state in the Xfree86 manual!!!

Sorry I should wrote down the acutally error message, however if anyone know what is the problem of this, pelease do tell me.  I really want to learn the linux from buttom up.

Thanks

Steven Chang-Lin Yu
UNSW - MEngSc, Telecommunications
ICQ#: 66369374