On Thu, 2004-04-15 at 03:59, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I've a pc with a bt878 chipset video card. I'm running 2.4.22 kernel
> (mdk 9.2) and am having stability issues with the card locking up the
> desktop often.
>
> Reading the website leads me to believe that upgrading to a 2.6 kernel
> with the 0.9 module release (2.4 only goes to 0.7) might be the way to go.

I've been running mine since the 2.2 days without any problems. It still
works fine on 2.6.

I would be surprised if 2.6 fixed it for you, but it certainly won't
make it any worse. It's worth a try.

I'd be more suspicious of zany BIOS settings or bad hardware. Does it
work if you use the "failsafe" bios settings?

HTH,

James.