indeed.

Depending on the card, and if you're using the alsa drivers or not,
you can have your wave out device captured and you can catch any wave
file you play.
e.g.
I have here an SB_Live! and using alsamixer because amixer is buggy, I
set my wave device to capture and I wither set line in or cd to capture
or if I really have to use amixer, set capture to nocap
hth.

I heard tell that Peter Rundle delivered up the following on Tue,
Apr 20, 2004 at 01:16:44PM +1000,
> Sluggers,
>
> I've got an application that plays sounds that I'd like to capture into a
> .wav or similar file. Problem is the application doesn't have a file output
> option, it's just sending the data to /dev/dsp. Does anyone know of a way
> that I can "capture" the sound being played to the audio output?
>
> TIA's
>
> P.
>
> --

Shaun Oliver

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person."
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
WEB: http://blindman.homelinux.org/~blindman/
IRC: irc.awesomechat.net:6666
IRCNICK: blindman