Hmm - the server is an apache box running Debian Woody + backports from
www.backports.org with a custom 2.4.25 kernel.  Today I did an "apt-get
update; apt-get dist-upgrade" and ever since webalizer chokes with the
following error:

libpng warning: Application was compiled with png.h from libpng-1.2.1
libpng warning: Application  is running with png.c from libpng-1.0.12
gd-png:  fatal libpng error: Incompatible libpng version in application and
library

Yikes!

Here's the drum on what's installed. Some reformatting done to fit 76 char
lines - uninstalled stuff snipped (mostly -dev packages):

# dpkg --list libpng*
   uppercase=bad)
||/ Name               Version                Description
+++-==================-======================-==========================
ii  libpng2            1.0.12-3.woody.3       PNG library - runtime
ii  libpng3            1.2.1-1.1.woody.3      PNG library - runtime

OK - I'm stumped.  Where to from here??  If I remove either package it will
zap apache+webalizer+php4 (basically nuke my web server).  So that's not
exactly an option.  Or is it?  libgd2 was the only one of the 2 libgd
packages updated....can't remember what libgd2 version was installed
previously, otherwise I'd roll it back :-/

James
--
Don't go to bed with no price on your head.
                -- Baretta