On Wed, May 05, 2004 at 09:50:06AM +1000, David said

> I've installed Libranet, which is a Debian Sarge derivation.
>
> Libranet installs an old version of lshd which turns out to have a
> severe security alert. The Libranet packaging doesn't appear to offer an
> alternative to lshd, or a later version.
>
> Can anyone tell me why I should or should not be using lshd?

Which lsh is this?  lsh the DOS-compatible shell, or lsh the GNU SSH
client?  If the latter, just use OpenSSH (make sure you have the latest
version of it, and OpenSSL), no idea about the former.

--
Aaaaah, mercury, sweetest of the transition metals.