On 29/04/2004, at 10:25 PM, David Kempe wrote:

Hi people,
If you had a bunch of Knoppix boxes, one the server and the rest workstations, anyone know of a nice way to have a HDD install, but have mandatory profiles. IE, if users stuff up stuff on the desktop, their profile is loaded fresh each time, on a per user basis. Any suggestions? I can think of a few ways, but thought there might be some funky tips I didn't know about.

Perhaps a combo of pam_mkhomedir, /etc/skel and an 'rm -fr ~' in the .profile (or equiv)?

--
Tony Green <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>