I'm having a bit of trouble with remote printing (LPR) onto a Debian
Woody machine.

Basically, I can not work out what I am doing wrong to give permission
to the remote machine to spool to the printer.

As I understand it adding

ACCEPT SERVICE=R REMOTEIP=192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0

to /etc/lprng/lpd.perms

should allow any computer on 192.127.1.0 net to send to the remote spool
on the debian woody machine, but no such luck.

TIA

and nope, I do not want to degrade to cups thanks. {:-)

--
   Terry Collins {:-)}}} email: terryc at woa.com.au  www:
http://www.woa.com.au