> Hi Guys
>
> I've got a problem with a radius system that is used to authenticate
> wireless.  My practical linux skills aren't huge so please bare with me.
> Its running on redhat 7.3, I think its openradius. I know the command to
> start it is radiusd. It stops every night. I started it as root and am
> wondering if it stops when roots login times out.

If I understand correctly you manually logon and fire up this program and
then leave this user logged on, cause soon as the user logs off it closes
all programs associated with this user. Which is how things work
typically.

If you want radiusd to run @ boot and stay running in the background, I'd
suggest getting a init.d wrapper script created and installed. That way
the system will fire up the radiusd @ boot in certain run levels and then
terminate it nicely upon shutdown.

/etc/init.d/skeleton is typically a good start for writing one, as you can
use it as a base. However if you are unsure about doing this and stuff, I
am sure someone would be able to assist.

Thanks