On Tue, 4 May 2004 19:13:49 +1000 (EST), David uttered
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/var/log# apt-get -f install
> Reading Package Lists... Done
> Building Dependency Tree... Done
> Correcting dependencies... Done
>   libxv1
>   libxv1
> 0 packages upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1372 not upgraded.
> 7 packages not fully installed or removed.
> Need to get 0B/131kB of archives.
> After unpacking 295kB of additional disk space will be used.
> Do you want to continue? [Y/n] Y
> (Reading database ... 160938 files and directories currently installed.)
> Unpacking libxv1 (from .../libxv1_4.3.0-7_i386.deb) ...
> dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/libxv1_4.3.0-7_i386.deb (--unpack
> ):
>  trying to overwrite `/usr/X11R6/lib/libXv.so.1.0', which is also in package xli
> bs
> dpkg-deb: subprocess paste killed by signal (Broken pipe)

The very large not upgraded count suggests you're doing something
which may be detrimental to the health of your packaging system. If
the X packaging in Libranet is anything like what was done in
Debian, xlibs was split into many smaller packages, which I suggest
you install at the same time to avoid the overwriting. If you don't
want to do that, I'd suggest you rebuild the package that has the
libxv1 dependancy, or run dpkg -i --force-overwrite. I *strongly*
suggest you go with the former option, however.

Cheers,
--
                                        Steve
<bob2> joy hasn't spoken on IRC in 45 seconds, he must be MIA!