On Mon, 24 May 2004, bill wrote:

> I just installed Fedora Core 2 this AM and I have no trouble with the
> NVidia video card - admittedly I haven't ever bothered with NVidia drivers
> unless they are included in the distro, such as Xandros 2 (also installed -
> different PC - different Nvidea card).
>
> Knoppix 3.4 with Kernel 2.6.x also causes no problems.

Nvidia's drivers don't work with 4K pages, which are in FC2s default
kernel.

You'll need to use the old drivers and make your own kernel rpm. Install
the kernel source package, turn off the option with make menuconfig, make
rpm, install the rpm.

Or wait for Nvidia to update their drivers to support 4K pages - they'll
have to, as it'll be in the mainline kernel soon.

Mike