When I plug the card into the laptop (HP pavilion ze4103s)
the log message I get is

Jun 27 16:17:52 laptop kernel: PCI: Enabling device 0000:02:00.0 (0000 -> 0002)
Jun 27 16:17:52 laptop kernel: acx100_pci: probe of 0000:02:00.0 failed with err
or -5

I have downloaded acx100 libraries and currently compiling the kernel.

I know this is probably not much help, but I have a DLink DWL-660 which works wonderfully under both Debian Stable & Unstable, and SuSE 9.1. It uses the orinoco_cs module, and (I believe) is a Prism2 based card. Biggest bummer for me is the 660 doesn't support WPA...guess what the university is rolling out for wireless access?? Grrrr.

I know the Dlink 650's use a slightly different chipset, but I know people who have them working under Linux (Debian in fact). Make sure you have the hotplug package installed and the right kernel modules compiled (just compile all the WiFi modules for starters, then strip out the ones you don't need later).

What problems/errors are you getting with your current set up?

James