Rick Welykochy wrote:

...snip.....

> > Unfortunately, Evolution doesn't get to first base for some reason. It
> > keeps barfing on the first folder. No messages. just hangs

Okay, the hanging is caused by asking it to import two different things
(say mail and settingss )at the same time. So I guess that it is a bug
(allowing you to select two things).

> If every mail program seems to barf, have you thought of the possibility
> that you have a corrupt message in the folder? I have seen corrupt messages totally
> screw the head of mail readers.

{:-) Er no, because Nutscape doesn't have any trouble.

Brain remembered above after leaving it for a while (I have been playing
with Evolution for a while and SWMBO is now using it). Will see what
happens overnight (other than duplicating mail space {:-(.

--
   Terry Collins {:-)}}} email: terryc at woa.com.au  www:
http://www.woa.com.au