On Mon, Jul 05, 2004, Sonia Hamilton wrote:
> Anyone got any pointers on how to make foreign characters display in
> mutt? For example when someone sends me email in Spanish, the accented
> characters appear as question marks:

Your terminal needs to display them correctly. As below you need to set
your language locale:

> I tried these settings, got weird problems in other programs:
>
> > export LC_CTYPE=es_ES.ISO-8859-1

I think this sets your entire system's language to Spanish. You might
want en_AU.ISO-8859-1 instead (both will display all the ISO-8859-1
characters, which include the Spanish accented characters) or possibly
en_AU.UTF-8.

-Mary