Did you mean to set your reply-to to slug@

On Thu, Jul 15, 2004, Bill Bennett wrote:
> Well, I live in Armidale.
>
> I'll be happy if I can simply ask someone about anything that comes
> up.

I don't know of any groups local to you.

Within Australia, there's a python-au list:
to discourage discussion of Python that doesn't somehow relate to
Python-in-Australasia, which means they're basically limited to
announcements of user-group meetings and the like.

I don't know of any Python (or programming in general) groups in
Australia that have a general purpose "ask some stuff" list. SLUG would
be able to help.

Internationally, comp.lang.python is meant to be OK, although it's high
traffic (looks like it's in the "hundred or so mails per day" range).
It's mirrored to a mailing list:
through your mail reader, news reader, Google Groups, or the archives.

-Mary