Phill wrote:
I have been playing around with linux for a little while now and want to setup a web server that incorporates webdav and jsp largely for uni

If you're looking at using JSP and friends then you absolutely want a distro supported by JPackage (already mentioned here by one other person):

http://www.jpackage.org/

I note that Mandrake 10 is supported but I've had some issues with running
past Mandrake distros as a server before.  I don't know what the current
story is with Mandrake, I haven't used it in a while, it may be fine in
the later releases.

Contrary to what people have said here I would use Fedora on a production
server.  You don't have to use up2date, yum works just fine although I
find it a little slow at times.  I have Fedora Core 2 running web servers
on tomcat 4 and tomcat 5 from JPackage and they never miss a beat.  On
the other hand Red Hat 9 has shown to be unstable under load.

Your other option is Red Hat ES if you want to spend the money, or white
box linux if you want something ES compatible but don't want to spend the
money.  Both work fine with JPackage and are easy to set up and get going.

--
Del