<quote who="Simon Wong">
> On Fri, 2004-08-06 at 14:09, Michael Lake wrote:
> > GD.xs:7:16: gd.h: No such file or directory
> >
> > OK so I need a dev package that will contain the gd.h file. I have
> > searched using apt-cache search libgd | grep dev and there are many
> > possibilities.
>
> You can go to packages.debian.org and search for gd.h within packages.
>
> http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_contents.pl?word=gd.h&searchmode=searchfiles&case=insensitive&version=testing&arch=i386
>
> My guess is libgd2-xpm-dev or if you like libgd2-noxpm-dev.

Another option is to configure auto-apt and use it to search the entire
Contents list of packages.

auto-apt search gd.h
usr/include/gd.h libdevel/libgd-gif1-dev,oldlibs/libgd-noxpm-dev,
oldlibs/libgd-xpm-dev,libdevel/libgd2-noxpm-dev,libdevel/libgd2-xpm-dev

Also, even though it's a bit insane, I have been known to compile things
(such as all of gnome) inside an auto-apt session in order to let it prompt
me for every possible dependency that the packages are searching for.

J.
--
Jan Schmidt                                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Have you been half-asleep? Have you heard voices?
I've heard them calling my name...
 -Kermit the Frog (Rainbow Connection)