On Fri, Aug 13, 2004 at 08:23:39AM +1000, Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:
> I currently can't run valgrind because of the following virtual
> memory setting:
>
>     [EMAIL PROTECTED] > ulimit -a
[deleted]
>     virtual memory        (kbytes, -v) 716800

> Unfortunately, "ulimit -v unlimited" results in a "Operation not
> permotted" and I can't find where it is being set. I've looked
> in .bashrc, .bash_profile, /etc/profile etc and I've grepped
> everything I can find.
>
> Anybody got any idea where this thing is being set?

If it's a RH'ish type system, /etc/security/limits.conf might be what
you're looking for.

--
Norman Gaywood, Systems Administrator
School of Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Science

[EMAIL PROTECTED]            Phone: +61 (0)2 6773 2412
http://turing.une.edu.au/~norm    Fax:   +61 (0)2 6773 3312