Just to clarify, the same as all our monthly meetings, this event is open to
non-SLUG-members and the general public also. If you're interested, please
come along. With Martin's permission, we'll also video the talk and make the
recording available afterward.

Cheers,
Jan.

<quote who="Jan Schmidt">

> Apologies for the late notice. We had some trouble sorting out a room and
> time to host this talk. i
>
> We are holding this talk separately to the ordinary SLUG meeting,
> as it doesn't clearly meet SLUG's normal talks, but we still thought
> that it would be of interest to some SLUG members.
>
> When:
>     Thursday, August 12, 7:00pm - 9:30pm
> Location: UTS Broadway, Building 10, Level 2, Room 410
>     This is located in the Fairfax Building - UTS Building 10 - in Jones
>     St on the corner of Thomas St. It is between UTS Building 1 and
>     Wattle St. Level 2 is street level from Jones St.
>
> Synopsis:
>         Martin Gregory has been with Microsoft for 15 years and works on the
>         company's platform strategy. He is based in Sydney.
>
>         Martin will be joining us to talk about what Microsoft has learned
>         from the Open Source community, the feedback they have received from
>         various players in the industry, including customers, partners and
>         developers and Microsoft's view of Open Source.
>
>         Martin is keen to hear your views on the Open Source versus
>         commercial software debate and the key concerns IT decision makers
>         face, including total cost of ownership, security and sharing source
>         code.
>
> --
> Jan Schmidt                                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> Pants Pants Pants Pants Pants Pants Pants Pants.
> Lovely Pants, wonderful Pa-ants.
> Lovely Pants, wonderful Pa-ants.
> (Shut up! Bloody Vikings.)
> --

Jan Schmidt                                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Have you been half-asleep? Have you heard voices?
I've heard them calling my name...
 -Kermit the Frog (Rainbow Connection)