Hi Rod

Your problem might be specific to StGeorge BPay,
because I've been able to run StGeorge Internet
Banking using Firefox 0.7+ on Slackware 9.1 and 10
using Sun's JVM v1.4.2. And I am almost certain that
I've used the BPay functionality as well ...
(almost)... Anyway,
java applets run fine on Linux, but is dependent on
your JVM - and certain applet (e.g. mediaplayers)
relay on Java API wrapper of an Win32 DLL (e.g. from
Windows Media Player) in order to run.

The JavaScript is generally in my experience more a
matter of poorly implemented code on the web
developer's part (and as they only test the code using
IE, a 'more compliant' browser would not execute the
code) - which is a browser issue rather than Linux
issue as such. Trouble could also be generated by
'document.all' - see also for info:
http://www.mozillazine.org/talkback.html?article=5063

At any rate, ask the Macquire Uni developers to fix
their code! :)

Alternatively you can download Wine and run (an old
version of) IE, although the Wine installation process
is a bit 'clumsy'. But it does work reasonably well,
i.e. I used Wine to run ATO's eTax program - worked
amazingly well.

Cheers
Jboz

http://au.movies.yahoo.com