I'm installing netatalk from a tarball. Quoting from the docs:

> $> ./configure --help
>
>      * --enable-[redhat/suse/gentoo/cobalt/netbsd/fhs]
>        This option helps netatalk to determine where to install the start
>        scripts.

Because I was installing on Debian I didn't use this option, and there
were no start scripts installed at all.

Can anyone suggest which option out of these might work for Debian. Or
any other suggestion.

Second question: Having done the usual configure/make/make-install, what's
the approved way to remove everything that was installed?

thanks...

David.

PS: apt-get is not an option because the latest version doesn't seem to be
available.