<quote who="Jason Rennie">
> Has anybody had any experience with the ATI Radeon and its video out
> capability ?
>
> I've got a Radeon 9600 VIVO and MythTV (with a couple of ht eplugins
> for playing stuff back) looks perfect for converting my exisiting
> WinXP based PC/DVD player to linux.

Especially on the new radeon cards, you will have no joy with TV out and
free drivers. There is an atitvout utility, but it only works on older
cards.

I believe, however, that the binary ATI drivers do TV out properly, and if
you want to use the 3D capability of the cards, the binary driver you'll
need the binary drivers, because I think the 9600 is an R300 chip.

J.
--
Jan Schmidt                                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Pants Pants Pants Pants Pants Pants Pants Pants.
Lovely Pants, wonderful Pa-ants.
Lovely Pants, wonderful Pa-ants.
(Shut up! Bloody Vikings.)