<quote who="Rod Butcher">
> CONFIG_INPUT is set to y. Kernel is 2.6.8.1, diirect from kernel.org.
> I've narrowed this down to : the terminal emulators (konsole,
> gnomeconsole, xterm) load Ok but they do not fireup bash (according to
> the dependencies shown on the system monitor). And these consoles are
> really just x11 wrappers for bash aren't they ?
> So... what would prevent bash running ? I'm running a homegrown 2.6.7 at
> the moment, on the same box, with no problems.

Did you disable Unix ptys perchance? You need them to connect bash shells to
their input mechanism, among other things.

J.
--
Jan Schmidt                                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Homer: "No TV and No Beer make Homer something something"
Marge: "Go Crazy?"
Homer: "Don't mind if I do! aaaarrrarrgghar!"