<quote who="[EMAIL PROTECTED]">
> Voytek wrote:
>
>>I had a similar problem recently, on both, 'normal' as well as text
>> version
>>I think... it was releated to a local Java version mish-mash, in my case

> Do you mean that you managed to make it work once you fixed java on your
> machine?

yes
this is *not* on Linux, but, I had whitepages kill either Mozilla or
Firefox, using either 'normal' or text interface.
after I removed the old down-level Java VM, and, cleaned up the whole Java
environment, all these issues disapeared
it also made StGeorge banking work again, and, some other very simple Java
applets started working again

whereas my other java probs were simply the applets wouldn't work, nada,
zilch, the whitepages failure was the nasty one, it would really pull cpu
cycles, and, freeze the browser

--
Voytek