I'm running 2.6.7 kernel with low-latency patches for audio file processing. It seems to me that when 2 separate apps are writing to the SATA hard disk (e.g. copy contents from IDE CDRom and 56k internet file download) the CD file copy slows to a crawl - i.e. the total time taken to write data is far more than just the sum of the 2 processes). Is this a consequence of low-latency patches ?
Internet download at 56k won't be writing very fast to the disk, and copy from a CDROM on the separate IDE channel should only take a few seconds rather than minutes for 650 meg. ???
thanks
Rod