<quote who="O Plameras">
> Voytek wrote:

>>yes, I have, though, that's a bit of a moot point at this time, as, I
>>can't even reload named, so, whatever change I make, won't get reflected
>>till I can control named

> You do not need to have named running to check your  zone files and the
> rest of
> it including your configuration.
>
> Also, examine the following files:
>
> 1. /etc/sysconfig/named

empty, except for comments

> 2. /etc/init.d/named

on 1st look, that will start/stop bind without rndc, but, uses rnds for
other functions... I think..?

I should've tried it before I gave up, maybe

> 3. /var/log/messages after starting named and especially when it fails.

it was essentially pointing out that authentication was failing

Oscar,

I've given up on trying to make it work (once I've figured out how to
disable the key requirements...)

fwiw, the bind and zones are seemingly OK, as, the dns server is working
fine, as master dns

I'll try it again at another time... maybe...

--
Voytek