<quote who="Peter Rundle">
> When I try to run Xine on a FC2 desktop, with xorg 16 bit display and
> 1152x864 the Xine display comes up with a kind of lime green test pattern
> with semi-horizontal black lines zig-zagged across the Xine window. It
> appears to play the video no problems but I can't see it. Some sort of
> colour table/refresh problem. (All other windows display fine)
>
> If I edit xorg.conf and drop back to 1024x768 the Xine window works
> perfectly. I tried to go up to 24 bit colour but the monitor/card couldn't
> take it.

It sounds like an X server problem with the Xv output. The xvinfo command
tells you about the Xv extension that xine is probably using. You might try
the xshm output with 'xine -V xshm' and see if that is ok. XShm output will
use more cpu, but will avoid the Xv output and might work.

J.
--
Jan Schmidt                                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Pants Pants Pants Pants Pants Pants Pants Pants.
Lovely Pants, wonderful Pa-ants.
Lovely Pants, wonderful Pa-ants.
(Shut up! Bloody Vikings.)