From: James Gregory [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, 6 October 2004 3:32 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [SLUG] Graphic tablet - 'found' driver
?needhelpunderstanding:)

On Wed, 2004-10-06 at 15:28 +1000, Elliott-Brennan wrote:
> I can't turn off the smoothwall, as that provides access - when it's
> off, there's no access to the net.

I didn't realise it was a separate machine. What I meant was to disable
the firewalling functionality to see if that restores access.

> I could never get the USB modem to work in Mandrake :(
>
> Route -n gives
> [...]

That looks sane. I assume 192.168.0.1 is your smoothwall machine? can
you ping it? run "ping 192.168.0.1" from a terminal.

James.

--
James Gregory <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>