its pretty straight forward, just follow the doco

you can either have full on transparent authentification
against windows or you can prompt through the browser
for username and password (coming from windows)

which ever suits your needs.

Dean

Robert Tillsley wrote:
I'm thinking of setting up a linux proxy, using debian, squid and
dansguardian. I'd like to have it authenticate with windows users if
possible so I can have separate rules for students, staff etc. I'm
running an active directory based network. Has anyone done something
like this? If so, any advice before I start?

Cheers

Robert Tillsley
Network Administrator
St Vincent's College