> > Note "may". Usually they build up inhouse teams.

try building up an inhouse team of Linux/OSS people it's a dreadful job,
I'm the "Linux" person in my company and we use Linux in a wide range of
things, It took ages to get someone to take over some of what I do, and
finding anymore good Linux developers is quite a pita.. it took them
4-5mths just to find me and that was by pure luck that I was on my way to
Australia at the time when I heard about the job...

Granted little of our work is open sourced, we give back what we have to
and some more besides so maybe Linux people don't want to work unless they
are giving everything back ...

Dave.

--
David Airlie, Software Engineer
http://www.skynet.ie/~airlied / airlied at skynet.ie
pam_smb / Linux DECstation / Linux VAX / ILUG person