<quote who="Adam Bogacki">

> I noticed the error message mentioned 'timeout' so I thought I'd let the
> system work it through.
> I watched the first half of 'Pearl Harbour' (not recommended) and came
> back to find
> the logon screen waiting for me.
>
> It's twice rebooted without problems since then. I put it down to
> software teething problems and the unexpected arrival
> of  an upgrade which remembers the settings of the previous user
> session. It threw me for a while, but I'm impressed.

Urk, personally, I'd be more worried than that. I've normally only seen
timeouts like that when a) The hard disk was about to die b) The disk
geometry was configured incorrectly, and the kernel was trying to seek past
the end of the disk c) A bug in the kernel was simulating one of the first
two.

J.
--
Jan Schmidt                                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

ENOSIG