On Tue, 26 Oct 2004, Rod Butcher wrote:

> Sluggers, I started off having to spoof my Firefox browser as Moz 1
> Win98 to do St George internet banking. That stopped working so I used
> IE 5 Mac. That now crashes and I have to use IE6 Win XP. There is as
> pattern here .. and in the US i believe it would warrant antitrust /
> racketeering / cartel / wirefraud investigation.
> Anybody got any real facts on this ?

Can you give more info?

Did it work before? What distro/kernel version/GCC version/java/firefox
version are you running.

Have you done any changes to your machine recently? Kernel upgrades, java
upgrades etc?

I've had a running dialog with people in StG for a while on this -
if I can give some more information, maybe I can get someone in there to
wake up to the fact that they are, in fact, pissing off a lot of customers
with this pig headed lack of testing on other platforms beside WindoZe.

Anyone got contacts at the newspapers? I'm sure AustralianIT would love to
know that just as the NSW government is putting out tenders for Linux, a
major bank is writing an internet application that won't run on Linux, and
disallows a good portion of the community access to internet banking.

DaZZa