> This one time, at band camp, O Plameras wrote:
> >That's why I compile and cut those codes I do not understand
> >and end up with fewer lines that I understand.
>
> This round goes to Oscar.

I think that's like calling the American election at this stage :-)

Oscar has not analysed every line of kernel code that his mchine runs, and
even if he has he has never reported any of the security problems that
this line by line scrutiny has shown up...

He also doesn't seem to compile his own glibc which is a way larger piece
of most machines than the kernel, what about zlib, termcap, bash, sshd?

I'm with Jeff, I love compiling my own kernels and stuff and I think
Gentoo is a great idea but I hate to see people justifying their use on
the basis of incorrect information.... I think RH have more resources than
me so I trust their kernels, I don't trust anyone as much as I trust
OpenBSD and they still get the odd issue...

Dave.

--
David Airlie, Software Engineer
http://www.skynet.ie/~airlied / airlied at skynet.ie
pam_smb / Linux DECstation / Linux VAX / ILUG person