$quoted_author = "Jeff Waugh" ;

> > it wasn't so good on a compaq presario 1400 where it had a problem detecting
> > or configuring for the video chipset and X was like a photo negative colour
> > wise, extremely dim (not fixed by adjusting screen brightness) and text was
> > illegible due to pixellation. unfortunately i can't test this with the
> > install CD as it isn't my laptop to mess with.
>
> Nice one - what kind of video hardware?

the "other OS" isn't real helpful. the website says:
VIA/Trident CyberBlade i1 Hardware accelerated 3D Graphics

i could try booting a knoppix CD on it, see if that has any success.

cheers
marty

--
I'm not here. This isn't happening.

"How to Disappear Completely" - Radiohead

AIM: martysupinecom  ICQ: 83760564  Y: marty_supine_com  MSN: [EMAIL PROTECTED]